Mystical Self-Healing/Energy Work
It is strongly recommended that you seek out the experience of a licensed medical professional for any and all health questions you have. Mystical Self-Healing is for spiritual healing only and is a complementary modality to regular healthcare. Mystical Self-Healing does not, nor should not, replace or alter medical diagnosis, advice, treatments or medication. Mystical Self-Healing also does not, nor should not, replace or alter psychiatric or psychological counseling, diagnosis, advice or medication.
Reiki is a Japanese energy system meant to calm and center a person, permitting the body to focus on its natural healing process. Reiki does not, nor should not, replace or alter medical diagnosis, advice, treatments or medication. Reiki also does not, nor should not, replace or alter psychiatric or psychological counseling, diagnosis, advice or medication. Reiki is a complementary modality to regular healthcare. It is strongly recommended that you seek out the experience of a licensed medical professional for any and all health questions you have.
Any advice or opinions expressed herein are solely my opinion and should be take as such. I cannot be held liable for anything any individual or group of individuals does with the information presented on this website. It is strongly recommended that you seek out the experience of a licensed medical professional for any and all health questions you have. The information herein is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Above all, offer and honor respect. I equate working with respect with compassion.
- Respect yourself. Do not enter into situations or relationships that do not honor who you are. Be gentle with yourself. You are on your own path, honor that you are exactly where you need to be.
- Respect others. We are each on our own path and are exactly where we need to be in this moment.
- Compensate people what they are worth.
- If you do not understand something, do not belittle it or put it down. Feel free to question it (respectfully), as that allows for education and growth.
- Refrain from judging, instead seek to understand.
- Each individual’s path is unique and their own. We are all where we need to be, when we need to be.
- Each person is entitled to their own expression of who they are at that time.
- Let people change. Our experiences and time change us all.
- We each handle our learning and healing in our own way. Respect the individual’s own process.
- There is no good or bad, better or worse, only different.
- Acts and words of hate, anger, control, and fear all have a history. Try to understand that there may be a history coloring an individual’s world view and hence their reactions. All of that being said – never accept, condone, excuse, ignore or perpetuate abuse, control, bigotry or disrespect! Being compassionate, respectful, and understanding does not mean that you or anyone else should be victimized. Always remove yourself and others from such situations. If you or someone else needs it, please get help.
Each person is entitled to their own power. Power comes from within and without. We are each responsible for how we use power.
- Never give your power away. It is yours. It is divine. Honor it.
- Never let anyone try to take your power; emotionally, physically, mentally, monetarily or spiritually. If you find someone who does – RUN! This being is not looking out for your best interests, no matter how charismatic, sweet or alluring they might be. No matter what they promise you in return. There are a vast number of compassionate beings out there who will provide the same things to you without the price of your power.
- Never take another being’s power or manipulate them into giving up their power. We each have our own power and it is beautiful, plentiful, and sacred.
- If you have lost power, seek out compassionate beings to help. This includes your own true self.
This may seem like an odd topic, but it comes up a lot, especially for those of us who perform “intangible” services. For the service you are looking into, consider the following: What is the going rate in the area that the individual performing the service has their business? Do their rates fall well above or far below the average? Are the rates around the average? People who charge too much may be greedy or uneducated, however, they may also be far more skilled at what they do than the average individual in that particular field, and therefore can ask for a higher rate. People who charge too little may be just starting out. (They should make this very clear, and offer information on more skilled individuals in their area.) They may be uneducated as to what the going rate is, or they may be deliberately undercutting the competition. Undercutting the going rate in an area for a service takes income away from individuals who have studied long and hard, and are generally extremely good at what they do. Stay away from anyone who is not completely honest and forthright. Feel free to ask for background information, experience, and references. Never ask for a lower rate just because there are one or two people in the community who charge to little, it is insulting and disrespectful.
I hear the questions posed, “Why charge for energy work? Isn’t energy free? What’s the scam?” The reason for the fee is that most people who offer these services are trained and experienced in their chosen field(s). They themselves have invested a lot time and money into learning their practice, and additional time and money into practicing their skills and into starting their business. Many individuals will work with other forms of compensation besides money, or may offer reduced rates on a case by case basis. Many do not. Feel free to ask respectfully if you feel that your situation warrants asking, but do not ask for a reduced rate just to avoiding paying their asking fee or because you “don’t believe in this stuff.” You are compensating the individual for their time, their travel, the products that they may use in the course of their work with you, and their experience and talent.
There are of course exceptions. Some practitioners use fear and guilt to get clients to come back again and again, simply for the money. If you feel as though you are being manipulated, you probably are. Trust yourself, your thoughts, and feelings. There is nothing wrong with going to another practitioner. Most practitioners will be very straight forward about how many sessions it might take to help you address the issue at hand.
Keep in mind, spiritual healing is not a panacea, and like any treatment it may take several sessions to address a given issue.